St Bartholomew's Church, Lostwithiel 

 

The 12th century St Bartholomew's Church is situated in the centre of Lostwithiel in Cornwall and has the largest East window in any parish church in the county. It was probably built by the Cardinhams of Restormel Castle during the 12th century. The church consists of the nave with lean-to aisles having clerestory windows above, there are only four churches in Cornwall with these. The spire has twice been demolished by lightening and violent storms and is also an unusual feature in Cornwall

The font is thought to be the original and was probably carved during the 13th century.

The church was totally restored during 1878-79 with the old pews being removed and replaced with chairs, the present pews were installed in 1914 having be made by Mr Bassett, a local carpenter, each made from one piece of oak.







Inside our church
  • The Pulpit


  • The Font


St Bartholomews Church
A view from the east

Community Web Kit provided free by BT